Black Friday Sales on Netgear Nighthawk Routers
With the ever growing amount of internet enabled devices, what’s demanded of home routers has increased dramatically in the past couple of years. We now have HD and 4k UHD streaming, ‘internet of things’ devices like smart lighting, thermostats and security cameras, personal assistants and high spec gaming, which all require more speed and processing power from routers.
Read more: Water Dispenser Black Friday & Cyber Monday
The Netgear Nighthawk range are built for this purpose, scroll down to find out what they are all about, or check out our Black Friday Netgear Nighthawk deal predictions for 2023 below.
- Nighthawk AC1900 – The greatest past discount we could find on this entry level model was around 20%, so we think there could be similar Nighthawk Black Friday deals in this region for 2023.
- Nighthawk X4 & X4S – We found one pretty good past deal on the X4S of 27%. Based on this, we are predicting offers up to this on Black Friday for the Nighthawk X4 routers could be on the cards.
- Nighthawk X6 & X6S – The X6S had one of the best past discounts from what we could see, with a 37% off previous sale. We are hoping the same will be released for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. We have also seen a decent deal of 25% off on the older Nighthawk X6, so are looking out for this one too.
- Nighthawk X10 – Surprisingly, we actually found the best past deal on this premium router in the range. When looking at its price history, we saw one discount with 67% off in a flash sale last year. We are not confident that Netgear Nighthawk X10 Black Friday discounts will be as good as this, but its a good sign that some offers might be available.
- Nighthawk S8000 – The S8000 network switch price history indicates that a Black Friday sale of 20-30% is likely, as there have been multiple offers in the past around this region.
The Netgear Nighthawk range of routers are built to cope with the large data consumption associated with high end gaming and streaming, as well as through normal household networking and internet of things devices. These include things like smart thermostats, smart lighting, personal assistants, speaker systems, baby monitors and more. Check out an overview of the range below.
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900
The Ac1900 is one of Netgears entry level Nighthawk routers, but it’s still a very capable device. There are several routers in the range (AC1900 – AC5300), and the main differences between all of the routers in the range are the maximum speed of data transfer, processor speed and range. Here’s a brief overview of the AC1900.
- 1900Mbps Max Speed – 600Mbps + 1300Mbps Dual Band split between 2.4 & 5GHz enabled devices.
- 1 GHz Dual Core Processor – Still a very capable processor that should be sufficient for most households needs. Although, this router was released before 4K so could struggle with multiple devices streaming at this quality.
- Range – Features 3 antennas and still has good range, scoring 2/4 on Netgears range classes.
This is a good router that should be enough for the needs of most households. However, if you have higher network requirements you might want to check out the X4 or X4S below.
Read more: eero Home WIFI Black Friday & Cyber Monday
Netgear Nighthawk X4/S
The X4 and X4S are the next level up in the range, so make a good step up from the AC1900 if you have more networking demands than that device supports. Here are the key features summarized for both models.
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor – If you are paying for a fast connection with your ISP but still experiencing slow speeds, it’s possible that it is your router not being able to keep up with the rates of data transfer. The Nighthawk X4 aims to solve this problem with a super fast processor that can massively increase your network performance. This can allow you to stream on multiple devices, game and browse simultaneously. The processor has been upgraded to a 1.7GHz in the Nighthawk X4S.
- Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) – An algorithm that determines which device needs the most attention, and then automatically assigns a higher percentage of the network to that device. For example, if you are playing a high spec game the router will assign more bandwidth to your computer or console.
- User Interface – Useful GUI lets you easily manage your devices and configure settings. For example, you can prioritize or limit certain devices. However, for more configuration options you might want to also check out the Nighthawk S8000 below.
- Dual Band AC2350/2600 Router – Two settings 600Mbps at 2.4GHz and 1733Mbps at 5GHz allow you to connect devices to the most suitable speed for their hardware. Again, upgraded to 2600Mbps dual band (800 + 1733) in the X4S. (The AC number is the combined WIFI speed).
- MU-MIMO Technology – This breakthrough tech enables the router to support streaming across multiple devices at once.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports – Gives super fast wired connection.
- External Storage – 2 USB ports and an eSata port allow you to attach external storage solutions for backup purposes. You can then access these files anywhere with Apps like Kwilt.
- Great Range – Four high performance antennas broadcast a strong signal.
- Amazon Alexa Ready – Compatible with Amazon Alexa allowing the two devices to talk and integrate.
|600 + 1733Mbps
|800 + 1733Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X6/S
The X6 and X6S are Netgears mid to high end routers in the Nighthawk range. Both feature tri-band technology and powerful processors, with the X6S being the more powerful of the two. The high spec hardware fitted in these devices is designed for 4k UHD streaming, gaming, browsing and connecting smart devices all simultaneously.
- Tri-Band – Previous models in the range only featured two WIFI bands, the X6/S has 3! What this means is that individual devices are able to automatically connect to whichever of the 3 bands will maximize speed on that device.
- 64-bit Dual-Core Processor – This processor is more efficient than your standard 32-bit, featuring 3 offload processors for easy handling of data intensive requirements. This helps to prevent WIFI bottlenecks during busy periods. The X6 features a 1.0GHz, which is actually less than the X4, but the 64-bit efficiency improvements supposedly make this model faster. On the other hand we have the X6S featuring a whopping 1.8GHz!
- Higher Combined Speed – The maximum speed has been jacked up to 3200Mbps and 4000Mbps in the X6 and X6S, respectively.
- Six Antennas with Built in Amplifiers – Both models have superior range to previous models, making this router a good option if you have a large house.
|600 + 1300 + 1300Mbps
|750 + 1625 + 1625Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
The X10 features some absolutely insane technology, which enables it to support VR gaming and 4K streaming as well as standard home networking. Next-generation WIFI is here, and it can be found in the X10. Let’s go over some of the key specifications that make this machine stand out from the rest.
- 1.7-gigahertz Quad-Core Processor – Need I say more? This ridiculously powerful processor is built to handle the high data requirements of VR gaming and 4K streaming, without suffering from bottlenecks.
- 802.11AD WIFI – Otherwise known as WiGig, this technology is far superior to 802.11ac WIFI experiencing just 10% of the latency. This is an essential feature for smooth and glitch-free running of VR and AR applications. Although, you should note that this is a short-range wireless band only. AD WIFI is also only available on WiGig enabled devices, but the other two bands in the X10 broadcast in normal AC.
- Combined Speeds up to 7Gbps – Split across 3 bands, the max single speed of 4.6Gbps in the X10 means it has the capability for pretty much instant downloads of films, games and more. High-quality streaming should be completely seamless.
- High-Performance Antenna – Featuring patent pending technology, these antennae maximize throughput and offer unrivaled range.
- 10 Gigabit Port – 10 ports allow you to maximize the number of devices with a wired connection.
- Link Aggregation – This technology allows you to combine multiple ports for even more speed…
- Plex Ready – Connect NAS or USB storage devices to the X10 and organize them with Plex. You can then access your content from anywhere via the Plex App.
- Amazon Cloud Automatic Backup – Compatible with Amazon Cloud for backup and storage of all your files. At the time of writing, it also comes with a 6 month free membership!
Netgear Nighthawk S8000
The Nighthawk S8000 is a high-performance network switch engineered for gaming, 4K streaming and fast WIFI connectivity for devices. The technology in this unit enables integration of your devices in order to customize your networking experience. Let’s go over some of the key specs before we get into the Nighthawk S8000 this Black Friday.
- 4K Streaming – The high-speed connection permits streaming of TV shows in 4K. A lot of older routers simply don’t have the technology to enable this smoothly, but the S8000 is able to aggregate your connection for higher speeds (check link aggregation below).
- Great Build Quality – Zinc alloy finish results in a sturdy and great looking machine.
- Optimized for Speed – The S8000 allows you to prioritize your web traffic for different devices or uses in a user friendly UI. It comes with one-click preconfigured settings allowing you to optimize for either low latency gaming, media streaming or standard networking. You can also manually create your own presets to prioritize different ports, limit download speeds and more!
- Link Aggregation – Allows you to link ports in the UI for up to 4x faster speeds than a single Gigabit connection. This allows you to jack up transfer speeds between your devices.
You can see other products if you want below.
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi Router with 4 Ethernet Ports and Wireless speeds up to 2.6 Gbps, AC2600, Optimized...
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency.Beamforming : Implicit & Explicit Beamforming. LEDs : On/off LED lights option.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Tri-band WiFi Router, Gigabih Ethernet, MU-MIMO, Compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa (R8300)
- TRI-BAND MU-MIMO WIFI —Up to 600 + 2166 + 2166Mbps to deliver more WiFi for more devices simultaneously
- GIGABIT WIRED —Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with the ability to aggregate two ports for faster file transfers
Netgear Nighthawk Summary
The Netgear Nighthawk is an incredibly powerful tool for taking your home internet experience to the next level. It’s perfect for gamers, streamers, and anyone else who needs a fast and reliable connection. Black Friday is one of the best times to get good deals on tech products like the Nighthawk, so don’t miss out! Check out our website now for more info on deals related to this fantastic router. You’ll be amazed at how much you can save with just a few clicks of the mouse. Thanks for sticking around through this blog post and we hope to see you again soon on our site!